IMMF 2019 : The Films
|WRITER & DIRECTOR||Yannis Zafiris|
|DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY||Yorgos Bisdikis|
|ACTORS||Stefanos Lolos, Eustathia Zaza|
A young man goes on a journey. His purpose is to meet his grandmother. Yet, when he arrives at her house, she is absent.
|WRITER & DIRECTOR||Oliwia Twardowska|
|DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY||Beata Rakoczy|
|SOUND DESIGN SOUND||Adriano Mantova|
|EDIT||Anastasia Melia Eleftheriou|
|ACTOR||Emmauela Pitsika, Eleni Vergeti, Simos Kakalas, Maria Skoula, Eduardito Lucena|
What happens in the mind of seven years old Eva who accidentally sees her parents in the act of love?
This spectacle, unbearably mysterious and violent, causes fear and curiosity at the same time.
BIRDS WITH NO LEGS
|WRITER & DIRECTOR||Pavlos Stamatis|
|DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY||Paul O’ Callaghan|
|SOUND DESIGN||Stelios Koupetoris|
|ACTORS||Leo Regory, Anabel Kutay|
In a 24/7 burger place, a man engages in a flirtatious conversation with a woman with no arms, as she uses him to get fed her burger. With each bite, the conversation turns deeper and darker as the woman digs deep into his subconscious with her questioning.
|WRITERS||Dimitris Gkotsis, Maria Kanelopouou|
|DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY||Dimitris Gkotsis|
|EDIT||Che Panoussopoulos – Christos Karetsos|
The fourth wall is raised between the theater of everyday life and each of its observers, making the social fabric seem immutable, while the individual features of each person provide painless variations on a tableau vivant. People breeding in order to produce, surviving rather instinctively. The documentary is based on the notes of a ten-month trek.
|WRITER & DIRECTOR||Fokion Xenos|
|DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY||Brenden Freedman|
|SOUND DESIGN||Kevin Langhamer|
|EDIT||Stella Heath Keir|
In the midst of a searing heatwave twos little kids find the way to cool everyone down.
|WRITER & DIRECTOR||Yeorgia M. Sotirchou|
|DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY||Fanourios Kazakis|
|SOUND DESIGN||Christos Goussios|
|ACTORS||Elena Topalidou, Eleana Stravodimou, Guest Kostas Laskos , Voice Over Serafita Grigoriadou|
Everything in Katerina’s life seems in order. However, she’s feeling deeply lonely and she’s looking for a solution following a rather unusual way.
I DREAMED OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS
|WRITER||Dimitris Giamloglou (Based on the short story of Thanasis Triaridis)|
|DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY||Vangelis Katritzidakis|
|SOUND DESIGN||Valia Tserou, Panagiotis Papagiannopoulos|
|ACTORS||Yiorgos Spanias, Despina Yannopoulou, Maria Kyriaki, Yannis Kalavrianos, Nikolas Kasapis, Anna Athina Koliofoti, Anna Maria Stefadourou, Dimitra Tampasi, Anastasia Chioti|
New Year’s Eve. Thanasis, a member of a voluntary group, active in a poverty camp, receives a phone call while shopping for gifts. A small girl, living in the camp, has been injured and may need tetanus vaccine. Is it really urgent to get her vaccinated today? In the midst of a festive atmosphere, somewhere between the city's shops, friends' houses, streets and hospitals, the solution lies in the face of Vivian, a young doctor. These two set aside their lives for a while and do whatever they think is needed. At the end of the day, everything is back to normal. And all that is left is that girl's smile.
|WRITER & DIRECTOR||Andreas Vakalios|
|DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY||Fili Olsefski|
|SOUND DESIGN||17 Poisoned Englishmen|
|ACTORS||Yorgos Pirpassopoulos, Efthalia Papacosta|
Mila likes to skate. Mila’s father is ill. Mila hasn’t seen her father in five years. “Mila” means “beloved” in Polish. Mila visits her father at the hospital. “Mila” means “speak” in Greek. Mila likes to skate.
IFIGENEIA: NO MORE TEARS
|WRITER & DIRECTOR||George Georgakopoulos|
|DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY||VaggelisKasapakis|
|ACTORS||Sofia Sasli, Lydia Mouftoglou, Timos Papadopoulos, Dimitris Naziris, EleniDimopoulou, GiannisRigas, Marios Mevouliotis, DimitrisKolovos, Angelos Nerantzis, KaterinaMitropoulou, Giouli Alexiou, Kleanthi Evangelopoulou, Nikos Simoglou, Thomas Palantzas, Katerina Michailidou, Panagiotis Tolias|
Ifigeneia is visiting for the first time her futurehusband’s family home, being invited for lunch. Instead of dessert, she brings along a little girl and she makes an impression on family and friends. But with the sudden appearance of two intolerance auditors things get complicated.
|WRITERS||Marilena Karamolegou, Daniel Bolda|
|DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY||Giannis Georgiou|
|SOUND DESIGN||Milk Audio|
|ACTORS||Giorgos Gallos, Sofia Kokkali, Kostas Laskos, Katerina Lipiridou, Andeas Kodopoulos|
Willing to pay the price for a new life, a man stops his car in the middle of nowhere and forces his father out, leaving him all alone in the woods; Haunted by his regrets, he then tries to cancel the agreement and bring his father back. What a surprise: there is no such thing.
|WRITERS||Giorgos Kapsanakis, Oliver Morriss|
|DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY||Angelos Tzouanakis|
|MUSIC||Nikos Giannakakis, Jimmy Gian|
|SOUND DESIGN||Jimmy Gian|
|ACTORS||Eleanor Inglis, Alfred Hoffman, George Dillon|
Angie refuses to let her grandfather - an ex-Biker who suffers from dementia - be taken to a nursing home for his last days. Just as he is about to go, she locks herself in his room and takes drastic measures.
ONE DAY ONE FLY
|WRITER & DIRECTOR||Petros Niamonitakis|
|ART DIRECTOR||Stefanos Cotsilinis|
|3D MODELING||Stefanos Cotsilinis, Vlasis Prekas|
|CHARACTER CREATION||Stefanos Cotsilinis, Stelios Tsibidis|
|SOUND||Alexandros Sotiropoulos, Dimitris Zapatinas, Petros Niamonitakis|
|ACTORS||Despoina Vogiatzi, Aris Gerontakis (Voice Over)|
Our hero is the most adorable 3D fly in the world!
Τhe camera follows him from his very first moment of birth.
His life is impressively exciting!
He experiences each moment as if it was his last one.
Following his adventure of life, he learns to fly, to survive, to follow his instincts, to find his food, to claim, to be fascinated, to find love, to be disappointed, to risk and to collect valuable experiences, until he meets a human being for the first and the last time…
You see, human arrogance does consider the life of such a small insect that important.
THE STORY OF YANNIS
|WRITER & DIRECTOR||Voula Germanakou Kopsini|
|DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY||Irini Valentina Gkounela|
|SOUND||Lutz Jelinsky, Giotis Paraskevaidis|
|ACTORS||Katerina Fotioadi, Irini Valentina Gkounela (Narrators)|
The life journey of a Pontic Greek from Crimea who found refuge in Piraeus in 1919.
WHEN HE MET SHE
|WRITER & DIRECTOR||Selini Papageorgiou|
|DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY||Nikos Karouzos|
|ACTORS||Dionisis Makris, Ellie Chroniari, Errikos Litsis. Eirini Aivaliotou|
She is twenty-six, and it’s her first day at work.
He has been for years a corporate desk clerk.
And They meet every day at the same exact spot.
I wonder how this story will go on…
|WRITER & DIRECTOR||Lia Tsalta|
|DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY||Yannis Kanakis|
|SOUND||Nikos Exarchos, Persefoni Miliou|
|ACTORS||Elena Topalidou, Maria Haralambopoulou|
In a world with no existing nature, a theme park with a few remaining plants exists. A Guide leads a group of Tourists to the existing biodiversity exhibited in galleries, leading them to shopping-malls and under-construction mountains. Finally, they will reach the only real existing Forest left in the world.
The filmmaker of the winner film will earn the right for free rental rights for equipment and post production services, worth 1500 € from RGB studios for his/her next production, and a Nikon camera worth more than 500 € from D & J DAMKALIDIS S.A. , .
IMMF 2019 : The fifteen films
The announcement of the fifteen films that are Official Selected each year marks the unofficial countdown.
The limited number of films screened in IMMF combined with the large number of applications constitutes the announcement of the fifteen participants as a first small victory for the film crews
The films that made it to IMMF 2019 are:
1. «AVE EVA » by Oliwia Twardowska
2. « BIRDS WITH NO LEGS » by Pavlos Stamatis
3. «CHOPPER» by Giorgos Kapsanakis
4. «FOURTH WALL» by Dimitris Gkotsis
5. «HEAT WAVE» by Fokion Xenos
6. «I DREAMED OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS» by Dimitris Giamloglou
7. «IFIGENEIA NO MORE TEARS» by George Georgakopoulos
8. «MILA » by Andreas Vakalios
9. «MUFFIN» by Daniel Bolda
10. «ONE DAY ONE FLY» by Petros Niamonitakis
11. «PHALAENOPSIS ALBA »by Yeorgia M. Sotirchou
12. «SPRINGTIME REST» by Υannis Zafiris
13. «THE FOREST» by Lia Tsalta
14. «THE STORY OF YANNIS » by Voula Germanakou Kopsini
15. «WHEN HE MET SHE » by Selini Papageorgiou
We want to thank all the creators that trusted IMMF 2019 with their projects along with the film committee that had the difficult job of choosing the fifteen films.
The prize of Micro μ’s favorite film will be sponsored by RGB Studios, Nikon, BLK, & Videopress.
MICRO μ 8 : THE PRELIMINARY PHASE
The submission period for the International Micro μ Festival 2019 is now closed. The organizing committee would like to thank all the filmmakers who entrusted IMMF once again with their films. The great number of submissions, which come from over 60 countries this year, is promising an unforgettable cinematic experience for the IMMF‘s audience this fall. All films are now at the screens of the festival’s jury. Soon the organizing committee will announce the fifteen Greek films of the audience‘s Competition Section which will be simultaneously screened on Saturday, October 12th, in all the cities of the IMMF network . Also, the films of the international section as well as the programme of special tribute and other planned IMMF 2019 events are soon to be announced.
The jury committee of the IMMF 2019 is composed of:
• Robbie Eksiel:Greek journalist and film critic. Chief film reviewer for the daily and Sunday newspaper “Ethnos” from 1994 to 2017, he was also a writer at the Greek “Cinema” magazine from its foundation in 1989 till its last issue in 2017, and contributor to several weekly or monthly variety magazines through the years. He has served as artistic director at the Greek Film Center from 2007 to 2009, and as member of the governing council at the Greek Association of Film Critics from 2006 to 2016. A FIPRESCI and European Film Academy member, he is a now a daily writer at Greek film site flix.gr.
• Youlika Skafida: Graduate of the Athens Conservatoire Drama School. She became well known to the public in 2010 as one of the lead protagonists in the TV series “The island”. She haδ important roles in many films such as “Roza of Smyrna” (2016) by George Kordellas, “September” (2013) by Penny Panagiotopoulou, “Apnea” (2010) by Aris Bafaloukas, “Kinetta” (2005) by Yorgos Lanthimos and many more. In 2014 she was honored with the “Melina Mercouri” Theater Award and in 2011 she was awarded as “Best Actress” at the London Greek Film Festival for her performance in “Apnea”.
• Alexis Tsafas : was born in Athens, Greece in 1956, where he studied cinema. He has directed four shorts, two fiction feature films (Zenaida and A menina dos olhos grandes), three creative documentaries (Mindelo atras do horizonte, The Music Cape, Raidel - el vecino Cubano). These films have participated in many international festivals and have won several awards. Alexis Tsafas is a member of Greek Film Academy.
• Simos Kiparissopoulos:Actor and Founder of the Micro μ Festival. He was born in Thessaloniki in March 1975. After attending the School of Technological Applications of the educational institute of Piraeus, he dealt with art. In 2005 he graduated from the Drama School of G. Theodossiades in Athens and he began practicing as an actor in theater, television and cinema. At the same time, since 2007, he has been working on the production and organization of artistic events and plays in Athens. Since 2011 he has been the manager of KATOPRON SA, through which he created the Micro μ short film festival, which is held for the last seven years in Greece and abroad. He is a member of the Hellenic Actors' Association and quite active in the field despite his continuοus involvement in the festival.
The tribute entitled “Micro Future: Tomorrow's Technology” is implemented by the Operational Program “Human Resources Development, Education and Lifelong Learning” and its co-financed by the European Union (European Social Fund) and Greek National Funds. The film tribute has free admission and it’s accessible to disabled people.”
All screenings of the tribute is free to the public and access for people with disabilities is guaranteed.